Old April 16th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Wildlife report - evening ride in the fens

An early evening loop around Wicken Fen produced 4 foals new-born to the
wild Konik ponies, accompanied by description of a puma-sized cat seen
near there by the wife of a farmer frienf on mine, who was also looking at
the ponies. Swallows are back and lapwing displaying. The small fry are in
full breeding plumage, many linnets around on the chalk slopes rising from
the fen level. I stopped to check an owl seen flying into a tree, it was a
Little, and what I think was a male Sparrowhawk went by while I was
standing there.

No speed or distance records, just a very pleasant leisurely ride. And
the daffodil fields were just in bloom too.

Mike