Old November 9th 17, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

Default Bike Lights Recommendation

Rob Morley wrote in news:20171109172206.124286d2
@Mars:

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:13:14 -0000 (UTC)
"Kerr-Mudd,John" wrote:

RJH wrote in news
I seem to end up asking about this every couple of years - best
bike lights for urban use? Some level of illumination of the
potholes ahead, lightweight and easy on batteries, easy to
attach/remove, up to say £50?

Lidl/Aldi lights are adequate to good. Who needs "best"?

Someone who prefers not to be cut up by other road users who don't
notice their twinkle against a background of bright car lights?

Well my £16 Aldi (I think) set has plenty; I'm not talking about xmas
decs here. For serious lighting you can get megabeam LED headsets from
China for £15
e.g.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5000-Lm-CR...-Bicycle-Bike-
Rechargeable-light-Head-Light-Headlamp/232140598143