Old March 21st 05, 07:38 PM
OughtFour

Rick Warner wrote:
Bike theft not such a big issue in France as the Netherlands, and
Burgundy is pretty safe.

Finding touring bikes for rent will be problematic; most of the rental
places carry what we would call hybrids. Last I was in Burgundy,
about 4 years ago, there were rental shops near the train stations in
Dijon and Beaune, but again the bikes they rented were hybrid style.
Did not discourage me ... I just rented one and had a good time.

That might just be what I'll do. We're not doing such great distances (maybe
30-40 miles per day). I've just never had a good experience using a hybrid,
but perhaps my problems were due to other issues (such as fit).