Old March 19th 04, 05:06 PM
Pete Jones

Default "Actually you are the first person to bring up this issue"

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:58:47 -0500, Alex Rodriguez
blathered:

It's now a year since the QR/disk brake problem hit the headlines, and I
thought some of you might be interested in hearing how the manufacturers
are dealing with it.

Well I've not had a problem yet but I do make sure the standard Shimano
skewers are very tight.
Also I've noticed the "Lawyer Lips" on my new Rockshox seem particularly
generous, I don't know if that's just a fluke or deliberate to help address
the (alleged) problem.

I have a front disc brake on my Van Dessel Super Fly. I've only had to
do really hard braking on one ocassion

http://vandesselsports.com/b_sfly.shtml

Be gentle with him, JD.

Pete