Old August 27th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Will fractionalism among cities ever allow functional bike facilities?

n Friday, August 26, 2011 3:20:36 PM UTC-4, bo peep wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:53 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
wrote:
In practical terms 90% of bike trips would be done under 5 miles, but I've gone 20-30 miles just for the fun of it.

Your original criteria was "from one end of town to another". Around
here, 20-30 miles *won't* get you there. We are very spread out - the
glory of modern suburbia.

I haven't unleashed my best weapons yet. We got two road bikes READY FOR THE ROAD, but the roads are not ready for us.

Actually we are cut off at less than 2 miles. It's a problem that has more to do with STUPID DESIGN than urban sprawl.