Old October 19th 17, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Does anyone know PM-PM-F/R203 adapters

On 2017-10-19 11:47, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 4:41:15 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
Attention, a purely technical post :-)

Does anyone know whether these adapters are for going from 160mm
native post mount to 203mm rotors?

https://erpimgs.idealhere.com/ImageF...963c864243.jpg

The bellied version (which I'd need) seems to only be available from
Chinese sellers and they either don't understand English or plain
don't know what they are selling. Or both. For example, when I
asked the either-or question whether the adapter is for 160mm to
203mm or for 180mm to 203mm the answer was "No". Refining the
question in great detail resulted in "It's for 203mm". Needless to
say, asking for dimensions so I can calculate it myself is
generally fruitless as well.

The Avid disks are 206's I believe. I placed these adapters on the
standard mounts of my Redline and they work perfectly.

You mean you used those PM-PM-F/R203 adapters in the image link above?
Does the Redline have 160mm native posts?

That would be perfect, then they would also work on my MTB. I'd like to
use them for both wheels since both are native 160mm PM for the caliper
mounts. With brake rotors bigger is better.

Slight errors can be fixed by adding washers. If slightly negative my
MTB buddy could grind off a smidgen since he is a tool & die maker and
has machines.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/