Old November 17th 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Nov 16, 10:27*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
If you worry about the minuscule chance of being killed from behind,
and therefore spend a lot of time gazing into your rear view mirror,
you're almost certainly _more_ likely to get into a wreck from a left
cross, a right hook, a door, a pull-out, a pothole, a slippery spot,
or even a dog.

Wow! Now there's the voice of reason.
I especially like the "if....therefore" part.

Let's recognize the other issues.
If you are obsessed with the possibilty of being hit from the right
you will undoubtedly never look to the left and will be creamed by
something coming from the left that you didn't see. It's pretty
obvious, isn't it?
Geez if you are watching for potholes you will never see dogs.
OMG ,I 'm done with riding. There is just NO way to keep track of what
's going on around you.

DR