Old December 9th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Dec 9, 12:30*am, James wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

DR picked you up on this once already today.

I have NEVER said I always "aim for," or ride in, the middle of a
lane. *I have many times said I share a lane whenever it's safe to do
so. *However, it's not safe to do so in a ten foot lane, unless
perhaps the passing vehicle is a motorcycle or other bicycle.

In a previous post in this thread you wrote:

* I'm going to continue to ride in the center of the lane,
* and I'm not going to cede
* my legal right to the road out of fear the trucker is really a
* murderer.

Need you be reminded of your own words twice in one day? *Or does
"middle" not also mean "centre" in your dictionary?

James, perhaps you're confused by "always."

I do not "always" ride in the center of the lane. When a lane is wide
enough to safely share it, I do so. It's when a lane is too narrow to
safely share, that I control the lane and don't share it.

If you really want to apply an "always" to the above, it's only in
this sense: Both situations crop up in every normal bike ride. I'm
always ready to do whichever is appropriate.

If you're still confused, tell me exactly what part you don't
understand. I'll try to make it even more clear.

- Frank Krygowski