Old December 11th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Insular roadie rubbish about seats/saddles

On 12/10/2010 7:14 AM, Duane Hébert wrote:
On 12/9/2010 4:41 PM, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 12/9/2010 1:37 PM, Duane Hébert wrote:

What do you actually mean by comfort bikes? Bents? Touring? Something
else?

The bikes that would be really comfortable to the newbie are
crank-forward (CF) uprights and recumbents. The CF upright is certainly
an easier sell.

Ah. Not sure if I agree with that. Most of us started riding uprights as
kids and kept with that style. CF looks odd to me as if my center of
gravity would be skewed. Just an observer's opinion though as I've never
tried one. But I find my Bianchi Volpe and my Specialized Tarmac both
pretty comfortable. The Bianchi slightly more so for rides over 140k or
so but neither is very bad. I think that it's what you're used to.

butbutbut, the newbie is *not* used to riding a bicycle!!!

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.