Old December 13th 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On 12/11/2010 8:08 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Dec 11, 4:58 pm, Phil W wrote:
considered Sat, 11 Dec 2010 08:17:17
-0800 (PST) the perfect time to write:

On Dec 11, 8:59 am, Phil W wrote:

That's almost all roads here.
But can you explain how a driver is more inconvenienced by a cyclist
using the lane properly,

Properly? This is a trick question right? Properly means keeping to
the right (on this side of the Atlantic.

Properly means using as much of the lane as necessary to ensure their
own safety. As advised by almost all cycle safety training schemes.

Almost all? So even they do not agree?
In any case, the _legal_ obligation is to ride to the side except as
may be "reasonably necessary" for reasons of safety etc. "
"Reasonably necessary" does include "I am Frank Krygowski and _I_ am
the only one who decides whether the vehicle behind is ENTITLED to
pass me."

So where you are the law is the same as here in Quebec? So
why do I get to hear how much sympathy I receive to live in
such a place?