Old December 22nd 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Los Altos Hills bicyclist killed in big-rig crash was a mother,

Peter Cole wrote:
On 12/22/2010 12:39 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
wrote:
Yeah, the circumstances are
a bit creepy, but again, the truck driver was not at fault.
And you know this how?

This guy struck and killed 2 cyclists in 3 years. The first victim's
parents sued and won $1.5M in a wrongful death. There were no witnesses
to the second fatality, so it's the driver's word -- a frequent case in
bike fatalities.

Something tells me the driver's word is not going to prevent another
wrongful death settlement in this case. Maybe that will finally get
this accursed trucker into a less lethal profession.

Dude. If you can't excuse yourself from a certain line of work after
killing people *twice*, someone needs to do it for you. Three times,
you need not to drive anything anymore.

I wish we had enough transportation alternatives to have sensible
rules like: If you are driving and you're involved in a crash with a
fatality, you don't drive again. No fault, no exceptions. But as it
is now, in half the country that would amount to house arrest.

Thinking of a certain infamous Massachusetts driver, "We'll cross that
bridge when we come to it."

I think he could have afforded a chauffeur.

Had he wanted one.

In a travel article on Ukraine, the reporter sees a street
vendor with a sign, 'Chernobyl Apples' and asks, "Who would
buy a Chernobyl apple?". The reply, "Wives buy them for
husbands, husbands buy them for wives".

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/