Old January 5th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Freides[_2_]

Default Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

SMS wrote:
On 1/4/2011 4:00 PM, Steve Freides wrote:

snip

I think letting 5-10 lbs. of air pressure out of whatever tire you
find to ride harshly will make them equal in comfort.

Sheldon goes into all this. There's a myth that a wider tire will have
less rolling resistance than a narrower tire, but of course that's not
true when both are inflated to the proper pressure. The narrower,
higher pressure tire will have less resistance than the wider, lower
pressure tire, but the ride will be harsher than the wider tire.
Unless the rider is a racer, going with the wider tire is preferable.

The more I see of this thread, the more I'm convinced that we're all
very slow, and that this is obviously a troll. "Plushness?!"

Care to post a link to what you're reading on the site of the wonderful,
wacky, late Mr. Brown?

-S-