Old July 22nd 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Default Following the TdF Spain top as ever.

On 22/07/2013 21:52, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| Latest UCI points rankings by country.

| 2 Great Britain 964

Any idea of average points per rider ?

I just wonder if Spain doesn't have many more riders than other
countries.

Loads more, fantastic riders are a dime a dozen in Spain, since the
crisis began it's tough getting into a Spanish team for the Spanish,
there's so much competition and fewer teams/races so they end up in
other nations teams. I'm in Almeria and cycling around in the mountains
round here I routinely get overtaken by riders who can get out of the
saddle and semi-sprint for a couple of miles up 8% gradients. There are
hundreds of riders out every day and at the week end you're in serious
danger of colliding with the packs of them that swarm all over the road.
There are signs every couple of miles warning car drivers that they are
on a "carretera frequentada por ciclistas". The roads are great too,
paradise really except that cycling up to Calar Alto through the
Desierto Almeriense yesterday my Garmin was showing 42 degrees with a
wind straight out of a blast furnace, serious tachycardia conditions if
you don't keep well hydrated.