Old March 27th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Silent hubs

On 2018-03-26 18:49, wrote:
I have a shimano wheelset 16 20 that really ok ride fine after 4500
miles. Well the best thing about them is the freehub is dead silent.
I have decided I really like that in wheels so want to build myself a
set. Stealth riding is cool like being in a Stealth jet fighter under
the radar

Seems Shimano Ultegra 6800 best option I believe freehub is very
quiet. They only come in 32 or 36 drilling and I would prefer 24 28.
Anyone know of a very quiet freehub compared to Shimano.

On the MTB I have a Formula freehub which is as quiet as the Shimano
freehub on my road bike. Don't remember the exact part number but I
replaced my last 6-speed UG freehub with a 7-speed HG hub for MTB.

Many folks with other freehubs don't need to holler "on your left" when
rolling downhill because you can hear the GRRRR.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/