Old January 22nd 17, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Question for Joerg

On 2017-01-08 19:36, wrote:
Joerg, I was wondering if you've ever ridden the Mosquito Road loop
in Placerville. It's not that long (under 25 miles), but has a lot of
climbing and descending with some pitches of 12%, whereas I am more
accustomed to riding a grade of 6% or so. So I'm not sure if I'm
really in good enough shape to do the loop. Any words of wisdom?
Thanks a lot. Bill Crowell in Diamond Springs

Have to pass, Bill. Never rode that one and I don't like such roads
where eventually some crazy guy on a crotch rocket blows through and
almost hits you in a curve. That happened to me on Salmon Falls Road. A
helmet flew by almost under my left arm and the guy nearly turfed it.

Seriously? That looks like a great ride.
http://tinyurl.com/h4rupuz That's a quintessential Sierra foothills ride. Reminds me of this local ride: http://rideoregonride.com/road-route...ge-long-route/
http://norcalcyclingnews.com/words/w...1.28.07-AM.png

If those types of roads are frightening for you, you'd basically have no fun place to ride around here.

-- Jay Beattie.