Old August 28th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

Default Light Theft (solutions - small pocket lights, or heavy duty well secured lights?)

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 28 Aug, 16:27, John Hearns wrote:
David Johnson wrote:
they're all that good or reliable. So are there any *good* and very
*small* lights suitable for pockets?

Cateye
EL410http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=536002576...

Seconded. I've used one of these for a couple of years now. Don't
expect it to light the road for you, but for such a small light it's
phenomenally bright.

I use a Cateye TL-LD1000 as my rear light - small and VERY bright. I
wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. My sole gripe is that in flashing
mode the top and bottom lines of LEDs flash slightly out of sync and
therefore don't have quite the all-on/all-off effect I'd like.

It's not waterproof but will survive a full wash cycle in a washing machine
:-)
As for synching the top and bottom rows, I doubt that it makes that much
difference to an observer 100m away.