Old September 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
D.M. Procida

Default Ouch

Simon Brooke wrote:

I was coming down a hill at about 51km/hr, towards a roundabout with a
nice clear sweep to go straight on. I think I must have misjudged my
line, but at any rate once into it I realised I wasn't quite going to
make it. I was angled over so far that my knee was almost touching the
ground (according to my companion who was following) and I felt I
couldn't turn any sharper.

Much sympathy. Sounds very much like my crash last year. Thing is, when
you overcook a bend, there really isn't anything else to blame.

Hope you feel better soon!

Better? I felt *fantastic*!

As soon as I got back on I cycled up a hill (admittedly not a terribly
steep one) at the same speed I came down the other side. I could win
races like that.

My companion was rhapsodising about the crash; he said it was the best
he'd ever seen.

Daniele