Old February 11th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ddog

Default Project results of handlebar shims, interfacing aerobar lift kit with another companies aerobar, et al

Post Sunday ride results.

It felt great since aerobars felt good even going up hill. I'll have
to level up the aerobar some so don't restrict vascular flow to thumbs
or any region past pressure points. Other than that, it was just what
the doctor ordered.

I may play with washers and bolt size to stabilize two plastic shim
interface, but probably not too much since plastic shim interface will
just crush as it did before. 6061 AL pipe shims, like on handle bars
will likely replace the plastic Profile shims (with appropriate bolt
washers/spacers). This time however, I will try the original slow
curing JD Weld to affix them to Profile brackets, and get JD Weld at a
fast moving retailer like WM instead of Amazon where its shelf life
and storage environment was questionable.

6061 AL shims would allow both product stacks to work as intended
without the plastic shim variability, which of course would cost more
for a manufacturer to provide for a stabile and safe product (up to $3/
shim set for customer). But first, the 'fit' had to be verified, and
except for the balanced level of the aero bars, it worked out superb
and further development is justified for this strategy.

Thanks,
Phil Bailey