Old April 19th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

In rec.bicycles.tech Blue Heeler wrote:

:Now you can't put "green slime" (a catch-all covering tyre sealants as
:they generally tend to be a slimy green colour for some reason) in past
:a Presta valve, I tried and it won't work. Period.

:A search of the net found some brave souls were cutting the pin in the
:Presta, putting the sealant in, and then carefully feeding the pin back
:into the valve. I tried this on a damaged tube and bluntly I lack the
:dexterity required.

Presta valves that have a removable pin are available. much easeir.

--
What's the rule on that?