Old April 12th 12, 05:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Doug[_10_]

Default Walking a bicycle into a store

On Apr 11, 4:34*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:11*am, NM wrote:

Banning of cycling on a railway platform for example is not to
discriminate against the disabled it's to avoid possible loss of
control which could have disasterous consequences for both the rider
and innocent bystanders plus considerable expense for the rail company
in legal fees.

I wouldn't dream of cycling along a railway station platform - on the
many times I have taken my bike on a train I have pushed it through
the concourse and along the platform to the waiting train.

That is because you obviously do not suffer from a walking disability
and so do not realise how painful having to walk with a bike along
lengthy platforms and large concourses can be.

Doug.