Old July 6th 03, 11:43 PM
John Retchford

Default Glue for helmet pads?

"Pants soiler" wrote in message
Anyone know what glue I should use to restick my hemet pads? I know a
lot of glues will melt/disolve the foam. Cheer Steve

All the helmets I know are based on polystyrene foam. Solvent based
adhesives (e.g. contact adhesives) dissolve the stuff nicely. Epoxies are
safe on polystyrene - I have used them with complete success. Test a small,
unimportant part first in case your helmet is made of something else. Water
based glues (e.g. PVA) will not stand up to the rain and sweat.
Cyanoacrylates ("super glue") will work for a while, but break down in time
from exposure to water.

John Retchford