Old November 22nd 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default H*lf*rds - A Result :-)

John B wrote:
killermike wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:48:08 GMT, John B wrote:

Mum went there because she had wanted a shop "that knew what they were
doing", and she had already tried ToysRUs.

Classic :-)

I know. I wanted to cry when she said that.

I took my (at the time) 4yo to the New Forest several years ago; on the
way picked up a brand new kid's MTB from ToysRUs at Southampton. After
erecting the tent I set about assembling the bike. Imagine his
disappointment when I discovered that the rear brake stay had been
welded 1" too high up and it had to go back in the box (it was their
last one).
The replacement (several weeks later) worked and still works fine, but
I have been scared off such "bargains" by the experience.