Old July 30th 14, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

Default Cycling perspectives 1 of 9

On 30/07/2014 17:28, Jack Ryan wrote:
In article
Phil W Lee wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:11:17 -0400 (EDT), John Kennerson
wrote:

In article
JNugent wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:54:31 +0100, Nick
wrote:

On 29/07/2014 23:06, Ian Jackson wrote:

My understanding has always been that the offence was not not carrying
your motoring documents (licence, certificate of insurance and, where
applicable, MOT certificate), but instead it was failing to produce them
(there and then) at the request of a police officer.

Yep. I have now actually looked at the act rather than misremembered
other posts on the subject.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/165

The seven day rule is clear sections 3 and 4.

It was slightly topical for me as my son applied to have his driving
licence back six weeks ago and when he checked to see why they hadn't
sent it to him was told that it wouldn't be ready for another 4 weeks
but that he was ok to drive without it. They even promised to send him a
letter to that effect.

Another instance of not needing anyone's permission to drive.

Not really, the license isn't the piece of paper.

Waht part of

"...my son applied to have..."

are you too thick to understand?

The bit that says you aren't Phil W Lee

As has already been remarked, there's a lot of it about.