Old May 26th 18, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default randonneur

On 5/25/2018 4:24 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
jbeattie writes:

Touring bikes are common as fleas. Even the Trek 520
fits the bill.
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...olorCode=black
Up to 44C without mudguards. You would have to add
CX levers and a dyno light.

Great only too expensive, especially compared to the
Fuji and in particular the amount of money in
my wallet.

Why do they do randonneurs with 32 tires anyway?!

I'm betting most of us here run tires narrower than 32. I use 32s only
for loaded touring (which I haven't done for a while).

I'm not disputing that wider tires can be better. But I don't think the
buying public is ready for 32mm to be standard.

--
- Frank Krygowski