Old August 7th 10, 04:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Why America can have better bicycling than Europe

On Aug 6, 7:41*pm, Jens Müller wrote:
Am 03.08.2010 02:39, schrieb His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of
the Movement of Tantra-Hammock:

Our curse could be our blessing. The sprawl that killed our
communities may be an opportunity for a different kind of bicycling
than Europe: FAST BIKING. Our streets are better and wider, so IF WE
GET A TRAFFIC LANE we really could go places far and away.

Ah, like in Berlin. But what do you mean by "GET A TRAFFIC LANE"? Are
there no traffic lanes in your wide streets?

Oh I meant TAKE THE LANE. There's no other solution for America where
SUVs are wider and bicycles are very low in the food chain (often
below cats and dogs).

What's the approach in Berlin?