Old October 31st 13, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Do not start that which you cannot finish

On 31/10/2013 20:49, John Benn wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
On 31/10/2013 18:21, John Benn wrote:
"Zapp Brannigan" wrote in message

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
Lippy Compo cam cyclist gets 'owned' by elderly car driver (also on bbc
with whimpering cyclist)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmyJuwQuRg

An insightful comment - "Videos like this make me wonder if? some people
buy a bike just so they can go around point out driving errors and
taking
the moral high ground."

If I stood at a busy London road junction criticising cyclists, I could
reasonably expect some of them to take offence and confront me.

Why?

Because there will always be a proportion of society who are like that.

Yes, but how would they know you were criticising them?

For all they would know (or be able to hear), you and your companions
might be discussing any random bunch of chav scofflaws. Cyclists passing
you need not know that you were particularly talking about them.