Old July 10th 16, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Torpedo 5-speed pulley photo

Any M5 stainless bolt and nut could replace that.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

On 7/10/2016 1:51 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
I said a couple of posts back I'd submit
a picture of this little interesting thing.
Well here it is.

The bolt isn't the original one but an M5.
Usually there is a bolt which has a very
slightly curved head, then a "boxed shank" and
only then threads. There is nothing to grip but
that is just the beginning of this
bolt's problems.

This type of bolt is now and then found here
and there (for example to hold the rack and
fender stays, an sometimes the saddle pipe
clamp tho then it is much bigger of course) -
anyway those bolts are for some reason almost
always visibly bent! I don't know why but so
far I have replaced them with ordinary hexes...

The nut is the original one which is of the
type that is a combination of a pipe and nut,
the nut part wider as to not fall thru the
hole itself...

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/photo...eed-pulley.png

Keep it up