Old October 2nd 03, 02:38 PM
hippy

Default Bike Tyre Launched Rocks

"Gags" wrote in message news:ADTeb.154
snip rock flinging issues

I've done a few beauties... one hit a car so hard I was sure
he was gonna run me down for it! Damn, must've dented?!

Anyway, in a car when this happens, nothing is even
mentioned. It is just something you deal with, i.e. window
chips, etc. Hitting someone in the eye, you'd probably
be passed them before you even realised and they might
be none the wiser. The damage would probably only
be temporary anyway.
I don't see how it could be anything other than an
accident. You couldn't (well I'm sure a lawyer could)
really even blame council - how often should they sweep
the streets? It only takes a second for a car to drop a
stone from its tyre onto the road.

What if you get hit in the face with a rock flung from a
car?

One I regularly think about is getting smacked by the
output of coucil mowers. When they mow median
strips, I ride pretty close by the output 'shute' and I'm
not sure if they use grass catchers or not?

All this is not something I stress about, just when it
happens I think to myself what Gags just wrote...

stone-chippy hippy