Old October 17th 05, 04:50 PM
Ron Hardin

Default Huffy leaves bankruptcy

gds wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:
My Huffy at the moment has, let's see, 60,000 miles on it.

If you rode all those you do get an award.
Someday you will get a real bike and then think of all the fun you will
have.

Even worse, I've been keeping up 8k miles a year since 1971; up until it was
stolen, in I guess in 1988, it was on a Raleigh International, which was
pretty high-end at the time. I went to a fat tire then and have stuck with
it; fewer flats, nicer ride, better load-carrying, cheap.

I just count commuting miles, which is about all I do these days except for
occasional errands that lengthen it out a lot sometimes. Commuting leads to
daily persistence, which eventually adds up.

There's nothing wrong with a Huffy. Components wear out at the same rate in
the same way, but are just super-cheap to replace. If you need to replace a lot
at once, just get a new Huffy.

The speed difference is more between styles of bike. The fat-tire MTB is
pretty draggy. But then it's just time on the bike either way. A faster
bike just needs more miles.

--
Ron Hardin