Old July 14th 03, 08:14 PM
jmk

Default Non riding friend pi**ed me off today

Yeah, well, I have a friend that goes on about how she hates bikes using
the roads. She says, I know that you ride but I just hate them. She
lives just off a national bike route. Uh, cyclists are being DIRECTED
in your direction Susan...

RattRigg wrote:
Casual friend of mine is in the garage today, starts looking at my
bikes (Bianchi Volpe & Raliegh M80) and asks how much I spent on "all
this junk?"

When I give him a rough number his reply was "Your crazy." It wasnt
exactly a light hearted moment, at least not for me.

I wish I had told hm that in the two years since I started riding I
had lost 25 lbs, and that now I can actually walk up the stairs to my
house without resting at the top. I also could have compared my own
costs for riding to his costs for one of his more destructive
obsessions but I did neither.

still pi**ed off though.

Seems like there is always some one around who can spend my money
better then me.