Old October 6th 04, 11:00 AM
Gags

Default So how was your Ride To Work Day?

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Yes, share your story of the 2004 edition of RTWD, did you,

Rode in (as per usual) and went to Fed Square - scored free brekky, coffee,
T-shirt etc (I also ran into dutchy on the last run into town). I managed
to be in the right place at the right time and scored a clear pair of Euro
cycling glasses that had a $35 price tag on them from a guy who was giving
away a dozen or so pairs(pure luck).

On the way home at about 3.00pm on ss mountainbike, I was on the yarra trail
and near the Kew golf club I was cruising along, enjoying the nice weather
and not really looking where I was going.......I see something out of my
priferals (peripherals) and there is a tiger snake, approx 1.5m long across
the middle of the path and about 2 metres in front of me (I was prob doing
approx 30 km/h). I shat and did a bunny hop in record time and managed to
clear the snake (If anyone saw that dude on the trials bike this morning in
Fed Square doing the 1m high jump......I reckon that is about how high I
went!!!!). A quick look over the shoulder and the snake was high tailing it
for the grass. I wish I had my heart rate monitor on as I reckon the
increase would have been significant.

All in all, a great day for riding.

Ride On,

Gags