Old August 18th 10, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default Bicyclist's toe, sometimes mistaken for gout.

On 18 Aug, 15:42, Mike P wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:40:30 +0100, bugbear garbled:

Doug wrote:
This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist or
merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their feet.

If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the same
foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and possibly end up
misaligned. Of course this would not apply to genuine tricycle users.

Is this a whinging post just to say your feet hurt, Doug?

I get motorist's foot, which in my case appears to be really dry skin on
top of the big toe on my left foot, caused by it rubbing against the top
of my shoe when I use the clutch.

Despite cycling 700 miles in the last 7 weeks, I don't get anything
cycling related. I must not be a true cyclist then..

10 miles a day on average? Peanuts. I wonder what your car mileage is
for 7 weeks?

Doug.