Old June 6th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Anton Success

Default Odd remark from a mechanic at LBS

On Jun 6, 5:30*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jun 6, 5:55*am, Anton Success wrote:

while having the brakes checked, rim cleaned at the local LBS
the mechanic referred to the mavic open pro in front as the "disk
brake rim"

(I don't see CD markings anywhere so go to assume mine is not a
ceramic, but a lesser version)

what the heck did he mean by "disk brake" for what i understand is
designed as a road going rim?

the rim is uniform green or gray all the way on the outside with no
bare metal exposed
as on cxp-33.

You have the Ceramic 2 or CD treatment and not the usual "UB Control"
shiney brake tracks, so the guy is probably confused. *AFAIK, the Open
Pro does not come in a disk only model. -- Jay Beattie.

Thanks Jay!

I think I'm running cantilever pads while I have v-brakes

could this be why salmon koolstops squeal so bad after a short initial
bite?