Old August 15th 04, 10:39 PM
Slacker

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:32:37 GMT, pauly wro=
te:

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:38:05 -0700, S o r n i wrote
(in article ):

gabrielle wrote:

I didn't realize there was a Medina ("rhymes with...")

When I was in junior high school (yeah, yeah, ancient history), there=

=

was a
Catholic school for girls called Regina.

One day the morning announcements included an upcoming dance to be he=

ld
there, and sure enough the principal pronounced it just like vagina =

with an
'r'. (At least I like to remember it as the principal; maybe it was =

=

just a
smart-assed kid!)

Bill "some things stay with you" S.

I went to a Catholic grade school and one of my classmates was a girl =

=

named
Regina. Every quarter the the old Irish Pastor would dispence the rep=

ort
cards to "his" kids by calling us up one at a time in front of the cla=

ss =

and
comenting on our grades, good or bad. For eight years this celibate =

would
mispronounce this poor girl's name much to the boy's amusment. Eight =

years
four times a year and he never figured it out.

Paul- lapsed

Good thing he didn't have my friend, Denis, in his class!
-- =

Slacker