Old November 7th 04, 06:46 PM
pam_in_sc

psycholist wrote:
I don't like the elastic bands on the legs of my shorts as it is. With knee
warmers you have to deal with two sets of elastic bands. I'm a mesomorph
and I find these bands to be quite constrictive. With the knickers, I roll
up the elastic to where it comes right to the top of the calf and right
below the knee. No elastic bands eating at my thighs, no knee warmers to
ride down and pull up ... ride down and pull up ... ride down and pull up

And the elastic band of the knickers just below the kneecap can help the
patellar tendon track better across the kneecap. That's important for me
'cuz I've broken my kneecap and have problems with the patellar tendon not
tracking properly.

FYI,
Bob C.

I bought some leg warmers but the elastic band at the top is
unpleasantly tight. I'm not sure whether to wait to lose more weight or
to cut (or even add another piece to lengthen) the elastic. Knickers
and knee socks sound like they might be a good idea.

I have a kneecap that used to dislocate once a year or so, but a massage
therapist taught me to stretch the tendon and it hasn't happened in 11
years.

Pam