Old June 2nd 12, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

Default Runnin' on empty

On 06-01-2012 11:07, Dan O wrote:
Isn't Red Bull sugar and caffeine in water? That stuff just sucks all
the water right out of you.

Not so. Excess blood sugar will make me pee, but when I am averaging
fifteen miles per hour, the muscles suck up the sugar. And one can is
only 110 calories.

Too much caffeine can stimulate the bladder to contract more, but it
does not cause the kidneys to run faster.

I needed the water for the heat, and the sugar for fuel.
I chose Red Bull because it has less sugar than other choices.
But I didn't choose enough of it from the water perspective.

--
Wes Groleau

Curmudgeon's Complaints on Courtesy:
http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html