Old June 2nd 12, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

Default Runnin' on empty

On 6/1/2012 8:22 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 1-6-2012 5:33, Wes Groleau schreef:
On 05-31-2012 13:14, Dan O wrote:
Riding home last night, felt about to bonk with close to ten miles to
go. I've pushed through this plenty of times before, but never
without a mojo bar or*something* in my bag. (End of month; no money;

I misjudged the weather and thought two small Red Bull would suffice.
Two-thirds of the way home I was knocking on a farm house door offering
to buy a bottle of water.

Yes misjudging the weater is a classic one. Only your own pride is
holding you back to knock on someones door to ask for something to eat
or fill up your bottle. The times I had to, the people were very
generous and helpfull after I explained my situation. Cookies, candy
bars, sandwiches and a lady would even cook me a meal once.

In more remote parts of the US, the person answering the door could be
holding a loaded gun and asking why the hell are you bothering them.
These people live out of the way for a reason.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!