Old June 25th 20, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Government Bicycle Program News

On 6/24/2020 9:20 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/24/2020 7:11 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:05:57 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 5:38:06 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://cyclingindustry.news/details...0-bike-repair-

voucher-released/

What could go wrong?Â* Will it be an efficient and necessary use of tax
revenues, unlike every other ****hole program in the past?Â* Hope
springs eternal.
--
Andrew Muzi
Â*Â* www.yellowjersey.org/

Of course the money must come from somewhere do there will be taxes
placed on bicycle ownership soon to be followed by a ministry of
pedestianism and a shoe tax.

History says they will soon scrap it as the revenue collected doesn't
cover the cost of the burearocracy.

ha. ha. ha.

The closest thing to perpetual life is a government program.

Mere failure is not a bug, it'sÂ* a feature - more study, more funding,
more staff. Repeat failure, repeat failed solution, loop.

Well, when Pennsylvania instituted its mandatory helmet law for kids, it
(like many states) included a provision that fines would be sent to a
special account to provide helmets for poor kids. This was an attempt to
counter the argument that poor folks would be hurt by the law.

Some years later when Ohio was proposing the same law with the same
provision, I contacted Pennsylvania and asked about the balance of that
fund. I hoped to show that the balance was too low to help many poor kids.

I was able to absolutely show that. I was told that the PA legislature
had repealed that part of their MHL the year after the MHL passed. They
realized the cost to maintain the fund was greater than the income of
the fund.

--
- Frank Krygowski