Old June 29th 20, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Pedestrian died in hospital as result of collision with cyclistwhilst crossing the road

On 29/06/2020 20:31, Simon Mason wrote:

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 6:19:53 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

The incident happened on one of Manchester’s main cycleways, which runs from Didsbury to the city centre via Withington, Fallowfield, the “curry mile” in Rusholme and the university district.

Here is a photo of the cycleway where the pedestrian was hit after walking into the cycle lane. Visibility seems OK, so I can't understand why the man could not see the cyclist approaching.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ebs_me4W...pg&name=medium

Or, indeed, why the cyclist could not see the man and jam on his
machine's brakes in order to avoid the risk of a collision.

Oh, hang on...

[Still claiming you aren't replying to my posts after you just tried to
obliquely answer my point about this being the carrigeway and NOT a
"cycleway"? ;-)]