Old November 25th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Default What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Generally it's:
t-shirt down to freezing(hooded sweatshirt if I'm not warmed up),
t-shirt, hat and gloves down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit(again, hoodie if
I'm not warmed up),
hoodie down to 0(might take it off if I'm really working hard, might
have a flanel shirt or something similar on underneath), commence
thicker socks
fleece coat and insulated pants down to -20(yes, and hat and gloves),
all of the above with ski goggles, something to breathe through and
good boots down to -40,
below -40 is pretty rare and I haven't unicycled in it, but I have run
outside for a minute to marvel at the effects of -60 degree weather

I've run in the snow without any shoes on down to 5 degrees Fahrenheit,
but in hindsight that was rather stupid(and some other clothing might
have been wise as well)
And obviously I add/remove layers as I overheat or get cold,

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).