Old March 12th 14, 01:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

It doesn't matter if trails are lightly trafficked or heavily trafficked.
The users are doing different things which conflict. I have posted many reports
in this thread which clearly illustrate the conflicts in great detail. These
reports contradict your views but you are deaf and blind to what hikers insist
upon - that trails be used for the quiet enjoyment of nature and not as a race
course by cyclists.

No, you've simply stated, again and again, that they are incompatible. However, you've also then posted videos showing trails being shared without any issue.

You keep stating 'hikers insist upon' ... and forgetting that I, and many other mountainbikers, are also hikers too. What you're really saying is "I insist upon" and, quite frankly, what you insist upon is of no great import to anything since you don't own the trails.

You are going in circles. You posted videos then decided you

didn't like what they showed so you want to refer to some amorphous 'other' ones
on YouTube. Your case is completely shot. Why do you keep posting
'evidence' that doesn't support your propositions ?

Whatever is posted on this thread by me must be taken in
context. It is the preponderance of the posts that matter, not any particular
post about any particular aspect. I do not do any editing of the reports I post.
Every post of mine in this thread is detrimental in the main to the issue of
bikes on trails. That is all that matters to me. Either get on something
important or get lost.

Perhaps that's what you intended but what you actually posted was not at all detrimental since it showed sparse use and no conflict ... directly contradicting your proposition. If your 'evidence' doesn't support what you're saying then that is not immaterial since it fatally undermines your whole case.

Power; exactly the same (1 human power = approx 750 watts max)

Speed; Approximately 2x on average
Weight; Approx 15% higher for biker
Noise; equivalent
Environmental impact; equivalent

The facts, as usual, don't support you Ed.

Your facts are as screwy as your morality. Mechanical
advantage makes all the difference with respect to power and speed. Noise and
environmental impact also are NOT the same as anyone with half a brain knows
full well.

Ed, I'm not giving you another physics lesson. We already covered this and you don't know the physics and are unwilling to spend even a second reading enough to become conversant with the basics.