Old October 26th 17, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Michelin Power Endurance Tires

On 2017-10-25 10:38, Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

... As I said before yes the conti sidewalls will suffer in the
summer sun, but a little black gasket sealer will keep that at
bay until you wear it out.

I am not planning on having to correct mistakes a manufacturer made
on products that are expensive to begin with. Then I simply walk
away from the product, as I did here.

Are you kidding?!? You spend more time correcting manufacturer's
mistakes than anybody. Including mistakes that multiple
manufacturers collude upon. Hell together they either can't or won't
produce a mr tuffy that you don't say has to be wrapped like a
bageldog to work

Put one in a MTB rear tire, ride lots of rocky trails and look at the
tube after a few thousand miles. You will be unpleasantly surprised.
_Then_ voice an opinion.

When I installed the tube in the Power Endurance it was pretty difficult. There was minimal talc on the tube if any. Maybe the tube companies are spooked by the latest loonie research suggesting that talc can cause cancer spurring lawsuits against J & J that has sold talcum powder for 125 years.

When I was changing the punctured tube out it was abraded by the tire. Not horribly so but this only has 100 miles on it.