Old February 7th 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 2018-02-06 13:07, Ian Field wrote:

"sms" wrote in message
news
My wife's Lezyne Deca 1500XXL stopped taking a charge, at all. Taking
it apart, I saw that the batteries were made in July 2015. Not too
good for it to stop working that soon. These lights don't have
user-replaceable batteries, but by removing two screws I was able to
open it, and the battery pack does have a connector on it so at least
they didn't solder it directly to the printed circuit board.

It's a 2 cell 18650 pack with the batteries in parallel, and a
protection circuit board shared between the two cells. The cells are
allegedly 2800mAH, for a total of 5600mAH. The closest I could find
on-line was a 2x2600mAH parallel pack
https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B003SH4BV6.

I moved the connector from the old pack to the new pack, plugged it
in, and closed it up. Seems to work fine now.

My favourite is recycle bin rescues - with a £0 price tag; life
expectancy isn't something to get traumatised about.

Most laptop packs are 2 or 3P-3S, you can split them up as series or
parallel pairs A/R.

In many areas they won't let you dive into recycling bins. You'd almost
have to lie in wait, dart out and yell "Yo, don't hand over that laptop
just yet!". Otherwise when it's in there it's in there and not coming back
out.

Most don't take any notice - one that said no has the bin next to customer
service desk, reconnaissance on the way in - anything interest and i make
use of the seating and wait for the clerk to nip out.