Old January 28th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Schwinn Varsity at Walmart

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
et...
It appears that the venerable name "Varisty" has been resurrected by
Schwinn. I was at Walmart tonight and they have an aluminum framed
road bike that Schwinn is calling Varsity. It was $199.

If it's not 16-gauge gas-pipe tubing, it's not a Varsity.

Years ago when I went to Davis there were many bikes, and not surprisingly,
some number of bike collisions. Those Schwinn Varsity could pancake a good
racing bike like a SUV in a collision with a compact.