Old February 8th 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 2018-02-07 08:20, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2018 1:06 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 07/02/18 03:56, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/6/2018 1:52 PM, sms wrote:
My wife's Lezyne Deca 1500XXL stopped taking a charge, at all.
Taking it apart, I saw that the batteries were made in July 2015.
Not too good for it to stop working that soon.

Some of my bikes have dynamos that are 30 years old. They just keep
going and going and going...

I bet the lights don't, as he peers at a collection of CYOs[1] and a
recently defunct Flat-S. Tbf the Flat S is around 7 years old.

[1] Not one lasted 18 months, they simply aren't waterproof imho.

I had one off-brand dyno LED headlight quit. Oddly enough, the LED
itself died while the light was less than a year old. The company had
stopped selling it - gee, I wonder why? - so they gave me a battery
light in exchange. Just for kicks, I replaced the dyno light's LED
myself and it still works.

But I'm not qualified to comment on waterproofing of Cyo lights. I have
a couple, but they're mounted under my handlebar bags. They don't get
very wet even on the unusual occasions when I ride at night in the rain.

That depends on the kind of rain. Sideways rain, big old fat rain,
upside down rain :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ihL_FrFPs

--
Regards, Joerg