Old August 27th 05, 02:46 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default My helmet saved me, and broke

I submit that on or about Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:28:21 -0500, the person
known to the court as "steveyo"
m made a statement
ist.com in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

The helmet's foam got compressed and cracked up the middle.

In other words, it failed. If it had done this on test it would have
failed the test. You do know that polystyrene foam absorbs very
little energy in brittle failure, don't you?

It never fails to amaze me the number of people who hold up helmets
which have conspicuously failed to work as designed as some kind of
example of how wonderful they are!

Strangely, the number of "helmet saved my life" anecdotes vastly
outweighs the number of people who have ever suffered serious head
injury...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk