Old January 17th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Electric bikes.

On 1/10/2011 3:37 PM, Fred wrote:
I think I might add an electric bike to my collection of trusty and rusty
two wheelers. . They look like a bit of fun with a practical use. Am
looking at the Trek sprint 7 or the Wisper 905. Anyone know much about these
things? Or any other brands?

I met the owner of Pacific EBikes at Interbike, waiting for an airport
shuttle. He was quite a character. He was railing about the $2000 poorly
designed e-Bikes, of which there were a great many at the show. He has a
factory in Suzhou China which produces his products, which are all under
$US 1000. http://www.pacificebike.com/

You really want to avoid an eBike where the battery pack is placed over
the rear wheel. It should be in the center of the bike. The Wisper 905
line looks good. The Trek Sprint 7 must be a model not sold in the U.S.,
but all the Trek electric bikes on the U.S. web site look like a regular
bike that they just stuck a motor and battery onto.