Old November 29th 18, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Tube cement, which brand is best?

On 2018-11-29 11:57, Theodore Heise wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 20:28:05 +0100,
Tosspot wrote:
On 11/29/18 6:50 PM, Joerg wrote:
I've got a bunch of patch kits that contain yellow "Propatch" cement
tubes. On Sunday I had to use a kit, as usual for another
rider. We found the hole, sanded the tube, opened the li'l
cement tube ... phuffff ... only air was left inside. It was
inside an extra plastic wrap and all, didn't help. So we had
to use my spare tube.

Do you guys know a brand that is better and where a bunch of
these little tubes could be bought sans patches? Not so much
for me but for other riders because many reported similar
problems.

Rema were always the patch of choice. However, any vulcanizing
fluid should do it.

I've had really good luck with the Rema tubes. I don't recall
ever opening a previously unopened tube to find it dry. Some of
them have probably sat in saddle packs for multiple years, too.

Ok, thanks, guys, then I'll try Rema cement next time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/