Old December 1st 18, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default A few months waxing chain

On 1/12/18 12:28 pm, John B. slocomb wrote:

I've been using a mix of paraffin and a light grease containing
Molybdenum disulfide. I added a bit of bee's wax thinking it might
make the mixture a bit more pliable but I'm not sure that is
necessary.

As paraffin is soluble in benzene I suppose that one could brew up a
liquid batch, with benzene, and squirt it on with an oil can but
dunking the chain in an electrical pot full of paraffin seems so much
easier :-)

The other nice thing is that a pot full lasts for years. One doesn't
have to worry about running short and much cheaper then the
proprietary blends too :-)

I'm beginning to think it is more constructive to point and laugh at
people who spend a lot for a little bottle of mostly solvent and a
fraction of lubricant.

--
JS