Old June 26th 03, 04:11 AM
Alan McClure

Default Head tube angle/increased fork travel

Alright, my bike currently has a 70mm head tube angle with 63 mm travel on
the fork. I mentioned in another thread that I was thinking about getting a
new fork like this one:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2BC12E05

or another 80mm travel fork (any suggestions for a nice price--marzocchi
maybe). Anyway, someone mentioned that most people find 71 degrees to be
about right for the head tube angle. Of course, mine is already off that
mark by 1 degree. Does anyone know how much the above fork would throw off
the angle even more? Is there any way at all to counteract that effect
without having a frame builder replace the head tube. If not, then does
anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Alan McClure